Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunset Flowers

I really don't have an interesting story to tell or beautiful tribute to write with these pictures, but just for the sake of writing something out and giving people something to read, here you go.  A variety of thoughts rolling around in my mind right now. 

1.  It's hot outside.  It's so hot, in fact, that I don't want to do anything.  Even swimming is undesirable because it's so hot that the water is lukewarm and it feels like you're swimming in bathwater. 

2.  I'm a hypochondriac.  My newest ailment that I suspect I have is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  For the record, I've never actually been right about having an illness or disease or whatever (thank God!) but of all of them, I feel this is the one I'd be most likely to develop.





3.  I love, love, love the television show Ghost Adventures.  If you've never heard of it, it follows three guys, Zak, Nick, and Aaron, as they travel around the world and spend one night locked down in a haunted location.  This show is unlike the other paranormal investigation shows that I've tried to watch in the sense that the guys are absolutely hilarious, they have real chemistry, real friendship, and the stuff they capture is legitimately scare-your-pants-off creepy.  I don't know if you believe in ghosts or not, but I do!  I believe in them even more after watching that show!

4.  I wish I could erase my literary memory just so I could go back and read The Hunger Games again for the first time.  I would say Harry Potter also, but I was too emotionally invested in that series and there were a few moments I actually thought my life would end just because I was so nervous about what was going to happen to my favorite characters (all but two of whom ended up dead, by the way).






5.  I have an intense and unparalleled hatred for Hagrid from the Harry Potter series.  He's thoughtless, careless, dangerous, childish, and worst of all, he survived to the point of still being alive during the stinking epilogue while Sirius, Remus, and Fred all kicked the bucket.  Thank God George and Charlie survived!  Of course, even they didn't get as much "page time" as freakin' Hagrid. Grr.  

6.  I think I might be a nerd. 






7.  I don't like soft drinks.  I wish I did, however, because I could really use an energy boost.

8.  "All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you better run, better run, outrun my gun..."






9.  I want to be rich because I'm tired of living off microwave meals.  Of course, being rich probably wouldn't make me any more inclined to cook, or better at it for that matter, so I guess that point is moot.

10.  I spent less than ten minutes outside the other night taking pictures of a rainbow and I came in with over twenty mosquito bites.  It is an honest-to-God miracle that I haven't contracted West Nile yet.




*All photographs © copyright by Jacqueline E. Smith.  



No comments:

Post a Comment